South Eastern Railway Museum



Karlie's School had an auction style fundraiser. Mike and I bid on a couple of items but only won 2 auctions. One of our winning bids was a trip to the South Eastern Railway Museum. We wanted this trip for a couple of reasons. Janie's first word was choo-choo..and lately the girls favorite show is Dinosaur Train, so we thought taking them to see real trains would be a very exciting way to spend a gorgeous Saturday.

Their favorite part was NOT the huge steam engines, or the actual ride that we took on a real train, nope....it was the small train set that had a train going in a tunnel and coming out the other end. Go figure!

I was not expecting it, but much to my surprise...I hold a special place in my heart for trains. Seeing all the old passenger cars and envisioning how the elite traveled back then was really interesting. I also learned how to do morse code. Very Cool!