Stacey, Robert, & Root Beer

Yesterday we gathered our belongings and trekked our way up to visit Stace & Robert. As always it was a pleasure to spend time with them. They have the Wii and we got to play some Mario Cart using the Wii wheel. For those of you who haven't played the Wii whether you are a gamer or not are missing out. Besides some major team coin collecting and racing we had alot of fun there and enjoyed being with them. Stacey whipped up out of nowhere a couple dozen of the best homemade cookies I have had. Its funny how things change. Laura & I talk often about how we grew up compared to how our kids will grow up. I remember many a meals being prepared from scratch. TV dinners came later but were last resort. Just the other day in about 6 minutes Laura whipped up some salmon and tuna steaks with potatoes and cabbage which tasted amazing. I don't know how our Mothers survived. How did they go without meals in a bag, and how did they raise us without pasta pickups, little puffs, or yogurt melts. This will be a post in its own someday.

Oh yea I had the best tasting root beer EVER! Stacey and Robert got it for my birthday and I don't know how I missed it. It is called Virgil's Root Beer and lives up to its claim of being a "slice of heaven" It is definitely worth trying at least once and can be found at the Whole Foods Market. Here is a review that says it all.
Virgil's Root Beer: A Slice of Heaven