Karlie is sick today

Karlie woke up this morning at about 4:30 and right away I could tell something was wrong. She has a fever and has not been herself all day. I could tell she was very miserable, she didn't want to eat or anything. All I can do to console her is hold her as she comes to me as if I have some magic cure. Its funny how a little cold can be so stressful and depressing for a father. As I learn how to be a father myself I have a greater appreciation for my own parents and family. I can't imagine the heartache I have caused them as I grew up. As kids (and even as adults) we truly don't see the efforts that are put into our lives. Nor do we realize the prayers, hopes, and wishes that are directed towards us. I am lucky to have had great parents and family members who have sacrificed much in raising me. Whatever small mistakes were made are overshadowed by the great effort, teachings, and time taken in trying to make a good life for me. I love you all and hope I can come even a little close to raising my own daughters as well as you have raised me.